|If, after having read About the Auction and studied the NPS Auction
Catalogue including the bidding rules and conditions, you decide to BID IN THE
ROOM, just come along - with your cheque book or cash !
But if you can't get there, bid by post - Existing
members of the National Philatelic Society should use
the Bid form sent to them with their copy of the Catalogue and send it to the Hon Auctioneer as indicated
thereon to arrive
before the auction date, although
in some cases, late email bids will be included.
Please note that postal bids from existing members, auction payments or lots for sale in the
auction must only be sent to the Auctioneer at that address.
NOT YET A
MEMBER BUT KEEN TO TAKE PART IN THE NEXT AUCTION -
AS WELL FUTURE AUCTIONS, MEMBERS' LITERATURE SALES AND THE OTHER
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE NATIONAL?
you want to sample another sale first, click here to view the last
of bids is subject to the approval of your membership
– Then select option C on the bid form for one-off auction/book sale
membership that lasts for two months from the date of your bid form. This
enables you to bid in this and in the next monthly auction and place an order
in one Member’s Literature Sale during this two-month period.
If your bid in either Auction is
successful or if you secure a book in the Literature Sale you will be charged
£4 for this one-off membership (there is no charge if your bids or order are
you wish to participate in any more auctions or literature sales after the
expiry of the 2 months, then we must ask you to join the Society as a full
member, although if you have paid £4 you may deduct this from your initial
- Postal bidders may reject any lot if not as described provided that it is
returned to the Society's office within 48 hours of receipt and in the same
condition as it was when despatched by the Society.
- Unless otherwise instructed, lots will be forwarded as follows:
- Up to £20 in total value -by ordinary post
- Above £20 and up to £40 -by recorded delivery in the UK
- Above £40 -by special delivery or insured mail (but note there is no
registered service from the UK to Canada or USA)
- Postage and packing where applicable, are to be paid by the purchaser and
will be added to the invoice.
- Overseas bidders are reminded of the high cost of airmail postage and it is
suggested that heavy items are dispatched by surface mail. If you agree
indicate on your bid form.
- Invoices will be sent out after the Auction and should be paid within 7
days of receipt.
Receive all the benefits of NPS membership