- They offer the chance for members of the NPS to buy and sell
stamps, postal history and philatelic literature.
We regret however that we cannot accept material for sale in the Auction
from National PS members living outside the United Kingdom, since the Society cannot
accept liability for VAT charged on entry into the UK.
Bids can be accepted from Members wherever they may live, subject to any
trading restrictions with a particular country and the member being responsible
for any customs duties that may arise on the arrival of the purchases in your
- Each sale comprises 650 or more lots that vary in price from £2
(reserve) upwards of £100. There is generally something for everyone
including specialized items and the more common material from all around the
world. Bargains are not unheard of!
- CATALOGUES are published
for each sale.
Click here to see
a sample catalogue. Catalogues are sent to all members by email.
- VIEWING takes places from 11 a.m. on the morning of the Auction. Lots are not available for postal
- The auction is room and postal bidding - so have a look at
and then why not take part - but, sorry, only if
you're a member of the National Philatelic Society. Our Constitution does not
permit non-members to enter the fun. That can easily be remedied by simply to
How to Join the National PS.
- Want to know
to those lots you didn't buy? Simply e-mail us for details of what the
most recent Auction's lots were sold for.
The Philatelic Auctioneers' Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (1973
All cheques must be payable to "National Philatelic Society" i.e. do not
abbreviate to "NPS".
- The decision of the Hon Auctioneer shall be final in respect of any
dispute that may arise.