& APRIL 2002
- Philbrick & Westoby – The experience of two old time stamp dealing and collecting pioneers of the nineteenth century.
- 50th Anniversary of UNPA – The 50-year history of the United Nations Postal Administration
- Rockets and Satellites – K Austin describes Stamps from many countries depicting the various types of this apparatus.
- Life and Times of Arnold Machin, OBE, RA – The designer of the Queen Elizabeth II definitive stamps.
- Forgotten Countries: Jind – The thirtieth article in this
series describes and illustrates some of the stamps issued by this Indian
State in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- King George V as a Stamp Collector – Eric Glasgow describes how
the Queen’s Grandfather became involved in our hobby and what he
- The Story behind the Cover No 4 – Keith Tranmer explains the
links between a cover from a German Naval Airship Station and an Essex
- One Hundred Years of French Aviation – A Report on the Display
given by John Hammonds at the October 2001 Meeting of the NPS.
- Wound Management and the Philatelist – Through bandaging,
sutures and splints, Tom Wilson describes the history of wound management
- The Letters to the Editor Column – The question of
“Revenues” and other “Back of the Book” issues gets an airing.
- The Ultimate Airliner by Richard Saundry. The 30th anniversary of
the maiden flight of the famous Boeing 747 (Jumbo Jet) and the many subsequent
first flights around the world. Illustrated with 13 souvenir covers.
- Forgotten Countries - Angra, Horta and Ponta
Delgada. The stamps of
the little known Azores islands by Bernard Towler.
- "Rare Treats". The latest news on The Stamp Show 2000 to
be held at Earls Court, London in May 2000.
- Return to the Falkland Islands The experiences of NPS member
Geoffrey Moir, who spent 4 years teaching children in the Falklands during the
1980's and returned in 1998 for a 4 month visit where he witnessed the changes
that had taken place in the past decade.
- The Agony of Warfare A son writes to his father in World War I
- Voting for the Johnson Literary Award
- Book Reviews
- Auction and Exhibition News
- Joint New Issues for Sweden and Singapore
- Letters to the Editor
Receive all the benefits of NPS membership.